Quality & Manufacturing Tracking
Maintaining the highest quality standards requires comprehensive systems that provide oversight and benchmarks for safety, environmental, and quality tolerances. This is why Ohio Pack has a fully integrated computerized quality and manufacturing tracking system.
Quality procedures that are implemented include:
- Hazard analysis and critical control point (HAACP) standards are followed: this is an internationally recognized system for reducing the risk of safety hazards in food; an HACCP system requires that potential hazards are identified and controlled at specific points in the process.
- Good manufacturing practice (GMP): a GMP system ensures that goods produced for the use in food, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals are done in a controlled and consistent manufacturing environment that creates quality results.
- Class 100,000 clean room: air showers, latex gloves, Tyvek suits, and plastic pallets are required when in the clean room.
- Hair nets, beard nets, and Ohio Pack-supplied t-shirts (or lab coats) are always worn.
The following machines, systems, and procedures allow for tests and verifications to be performed on all materials or processes:
- Tensile machine
- Leak tester
- Auto tensile and gauge
- Gas chromatography (GC) tester
- Boil and autoclave film
- Compression tester
- Coefficient of friction
- Melt flow index
- Mettler Toledo
- Oxygen and vapor permeability
- Tear tester force
- Burst tester
- Heat seal tester
- Dart impact tester
- Large retort chamber
- Drop tester
- Hot oven
- Weigh films
- Before blown film production lines begin, our quality team goes to the production floor and ensures everything meets specifications prior to running
- Pouch inspection: visual inspection is performed on the line, with routine pouch selection for full lab analysis
- Every roll is inspected before leaving the building
- All laminates go through migration testing during the customer’s trial period, and then every six months
- Most rooms are white rooms; pouch, slitting, rewind is a Class 100,000 clean room